Black Heritage is a Registered Charity which promotes the welfare and social wellbeing of the members of the Caribbean Community in Southampton.
We are run by the members for the members, and while our main focus is on this particular group the group is inclusive and welcomes new members from the wider community.
We participate in various group activities, social events and fundraising. Arts, crafts, singing, drama, dominoes and other games are some of what we do on a regular basis whilst we also offer a Christmas meal and dance in December.
The Black Heritage Centre is a cosy and welcoming space, whilst there is a small patio garden which the members maintain and enjoy during the summer.
- We meet at 53 Northumberland Road, Southampton SO14 0EJ
- We are open to all on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2 pm until 6 pm. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 7.30pm till 11pm
- Membership is £15.00 per year.
- There is a small entry fee, this is collected on arrival.
- The committee is made up of elected members and meet 4 times per year. There is an Annual General Meeting in July.
- Black Heritage has an equal opportunities policy
You can contact us by telephone or email:
02380 366 488